‘Green Pass’ decree signed by PM Draghi. Certificates valid throughout the EU from 1 July
17 Giugno 2021
President of the Council of Ministers Mario Draghi has signed a decree defining how the Covid-19 ‘Digital Green Certificates’ will be issued. The so-called ‘Green Passes’ will make it easier for people to attend public events, access care homes and move around the country.
This decree implements the EU Digital COVID Certificate Regulation, ensuring fully interoperable digital certificates across all EU countries starting from 1 July. All those in possession of a valid national certificate will have full freedom of movement within the European Union.
- The dgc.gov.it website went live today; all certificates relating to vaccinations completed before 17 June will be available by 28 June;
- The Italian IT platform issuing the certificates will be updated as the vaccination campaign progresses;
- For any further information, please contact the freephone number for the ‘Immuni’ App (800.91.24.91), available every day from 8am to 8pm;
- Over the next few days, Italian citizens will begin to receive e-mail or SMS notifications;
- Certificates may be viewed and printed using PCs, tablets or smartphones;
- As an alternative to the digital version, citizens may also request a certificate from their general practitioner, paediatrician or local pharmacy, using their healthcare card.