Gruppo di esperti scientifici
Panel of scientific experts
Al vertice mondiale sulla salute i leader del G20, i responsabili delle organizzazioni internazionali e regionali e i rappresentanti degli organismi sanitari mondiali condivideranno gli insegnamenti tratti dalla pandemia di COVID-19.
L'obiettivo è quello di redigere una "dichiarazione di Roma" contenente principi che possano fungere da solida guida per un cambiamento strutturale nel medio e lungo periodo, da realizzarsi attraverso la collaborazione internazionale e l'azione comune per prevenire future emergenze sanitarie globali.
È fondamentale che tali principi siano basati su elementi concreti. La loro definizione terrà pertanto conto delle riflessioni di un gruppo di esperti scientifici, nonché dei pareri della società civile.
A tal fine, la Commissione europea e la presidenza italiana del G20 hanno istituito un gruppo scientifico ad alto livello.
Tale gruppo riunisce 26 esperti di spicco di tutto il mondo, con esperienza nelle strategie di risposta globale e locale all'emergenza COVID-19, nonché nella consulenza scientifica ai massimi livelli politici. Gli esperti scientifici partecipano a titolo personale apportando la loro vasta e ricca esperienza maturata in diversi paesi e regioni del mondo.
Il gruppo presenterà i risultati al vertice mondiale sulla salute.
At the Global Health Summit, the G20, invited leaders, heads of international and regional organisations, and representatives of global health bodies, will share lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Their goal is to create a ‘Rome Declaration’ including principles which can be a powerful guide for medium to long-term structural change brought about through international cooperation and joint action to prevent future global health crises.
It is crucial that these principles are evidence based. Their definition will therefore be informed by a scientific expert panel, and take into account the views of civil society.
To achieve that, the European Commission and the Italian G20 Presidency have set up a High Level Scientific Panel.
It gathers 26 senior scientific experts from around the world, experienced in local and global COVID-19 response and science advice to policy at the highest levels. They participate in their personal capacities and bring broad and diverse experience obtained in different countries and regions.
The Panel will present its findings to attendees at the Global Health Summit.
The panel is jointly chaired by:
- Professor Peter Piot - Special adviser to the President of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen
- Professor Silvio Brusaferro - President of the Italian National Institute of Health
- Professor Victor Dzau - President of the United States National Academy of Medicine
- Professor Yee-Sin Leo - Director of the National Centre for Infectious Diseases in Singapore
- Professor John Nkengasong
- Director of the Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Senior scientific experts in the panel:
- Dr Andrea Ammon - Director of the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), Germany
- Dr Abdullah Assiri - Assistant Deputy Minister for Preventive Services, Saudi Ministry of Health, Saudi Arabia
- Dr Maha Barakat - Director-General of Fakhr Al Watan Office (Frontline Heroes Office), United Arab Emirates
- Professor Mark Dybul - Co-Director of the Centre for global health practice and impact, Georgetown; and member of Independent Panel for Pandemic Preparedness and Response, USA
- Professor Jeremy Farrar - Director of the Wellcome Trust, and member of the UK government’s Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE), the UK Vaccine Taskforce and the Principles Group of the ACT-Accelerator, and chair of the WHO R&D Blueprint Advisory Group, United-Kingdom
- Professor Arnaud Fontanet - Member of the French COVID-19 scientific council and Director at the Institut Pasteur, France
- Professor George Gao - Director-General of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, China
- Professor Patricia Garcia - Professor at the School of Public Health at Cayetano Heredia University (UPCH) in Lima, Peru. Former Minister of Health of Peru, Dean of the School of Public Health at UPCH, and former Chief of the Peruvian National Institute of Health (INS), Peru
- Professor Catherine Hankins - Co-Chair of Canada’s COVID-19 Immunity Task Force and Deputy Director, Science at the Amsterdam Institute for Global Health and Development, Department of Global Health, University of Amsterdam, Canada
- Professor Mlisana Kholeka - Co-chair of the ministerial advisory committee (MAC) on COVID-19, South Africa
- Dr Trevor Mundel - President of the Bill and Melinda Gates Global Health Program, USA
- Dr Ayoade Olatunbosun-Alakija - Co-Chair of the Africa Union Africa Vaccine Delivery Alliance for COVID-19, Nigeria
- Professor Giorgio Palù - Chairperson of the Italian Medicine Agency, Italy
- Dr Amadou Sall - Director of the Institut Pasteur in Dakar, Senegal
- Dr Soumya Swaminathan - Chief Scientist at the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Dr Camilla Stoltenberg - Director-General of the Norwegian Institute of Public Health, Norway
- Professor Krishnaswamy VijayRaghavan - Principal Scientific Advisor to the Government of India and member of the Global Preparedness Monitoring Board (GPMB), India
- Dr Takaji Wakita - Director-General of the National Institute of Infectious Disease, Japan
- Professor Lothar Wieler - President of the Robert Koch Institute, Berlin, Germany
- Dr Mitchell Wolfe - Chief Medical Officer of the Centers for Disease Control Control and Prevention, USA
- Dr Wu Zunyou - Chief Epidemiologist with Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, China